Monday, October 13, 2014

#11-#27 --- Part 2

*maaf bahasa Inggris belepotan. ampe mau muntah ngetiknya*


#18 Idul Adha & #WWIM10_Osaka

I looked up for some information the night before Idul Adha about the location that held the Idul Adha prayer. Most of Osaka Univ Moslem students went to Osaka Ibaraki Mosque, so I and the Indonesia people from my dorm took a monorail to go to the Mosque, ups it was held in the Korean School instead because we need more space to pray for a lot of Muslim people. 


Meet Wita for the first time! And the Moslem in Osaka :D


After we took the Idul Adha prayer I have to go to Nakanoshima because today would be the Worldwide Instameet held in Osaka. I relied on my maps since I had the internet connection on my hand. But I was late because I was totally confused on how to buy a ticket from the machine as there was no English version on the screen so it took quite a long time and I decided to ask someone nearby about how to buy the ticket, embarrassing hahahah.

At the station, I had to meet Chihiro, one of the Instagram user I asked to come to the WWIM together. I was late. So we rushed to the meeting point. For some reason I could understand that maybe I was just too hip to join this event because I was Indonesian and this event held in Osaka, Japan. But this was my 2nd time joining the WWIM, and for me WWIM was quite fun back then in Yogyakarta for the first time so I just gave myself a chance and gambled whether this one would be fun as well as the first time I joined in Indonesia. 

The main problem is the communication, since I only speak English and ‘Nihongo wakarimasen’ I only talked to a few people. A few people perhaps interested to talk with me but maybe too afraid to try speak with English. So yeah they tried and we just had the basic conversation hahahaha. But Chihiro helped them a lot interpreting what they meant to speak to me. And I did a lot a conversation too with Chihiro. I felt old since she our age gap was 5 years but it didn’t matter that much we had fun along the event.

We also ate the sushi and inari I bought before I attended the event and I also gave him the postcard I made by my Yogyakarta’s scenery photos I took. After the event we supposed to had the dinner but since it was only beer & meat and Chihiro was still prohibited to drink we just headed home. 

So the WWIM was super fun, especially because I could interact with the Japanese people through the same hobby. Hahaha thanks Instagram for connecting us!










#19 Monday Already! Assembly & 4th period Class

I just didn’t realize about the typhoon news. So maybe that was why yesterday was so cold, breezy and rainy. I got an email about the notification that the morning class was canceled. But I didn’t have any morning class and just realized that I had to attend the OUSSEP assembly. I didn’t have any idea about what would I do in the assembly, because some of my friends just didn’t attend that. Before I went to campus I cooked fried rice. Waw, I guess my cooking skill was increasing since I was forced to do so. Applause!


Nasgor Chikuwa Telor Bakwan. Andalan!


So the assembly talked mostly about things we should do after the orientation. It seems like a reminder about the upcoming event we should know.

Nothing was so special. Then I attended my only class that day in the 4th period about Approaches to Understanding Culture. Another human science subject, why oh why?

At night I did some curcol with Mas Bryan about the course I had to enroll. But he said I still could participate in any Architecture classes so he suggested me to talk with Kita sensei. So I made an appointment to meet him tomorrow. 





#20 Design Architecture with the 2nd grade

It was so sudden when my phone lost its connection on internet. I wondered why, it displayed the ‘PDP Authentication Failure’. So I was a bit in a bad mood today. Following the 1st period class in Tonoyaka, I met 2 Indonesian people in the same class only for Tuesday. 

So after that I rushed back to Suita so wait the time I had to meet Kita sensei. He said I could attend the Design Exercise class at 1 PM. I joined the class with the second grade architecture students. But the whole talk was in Japanese, so I was a bit sleepy. At the end, I was given the whole Japanese-writings papers for the design exercise homework. Surprised!

Because today ended early that in any other day, I decided to go to Senri Chuo by walk, by following the maps I got by the wifi connection. But I was tired before reaching Senri Chuo and I was in Kitasenri. I never been there before, I pointed that they had a Daiso in the Kita Senri Shopping complex. So I explored Kita Senri instead of Senchu hahaha. They also had Mister Burger, I bought some doughnuts, and I also bought some goods in Daiso. In a sudden, I just got a lot of plastics in my hand. It was heavy by any chance I didn’t realize I shopped a lot of things in Daiso. So I went back to the dorm by taking the train hahaha. I spent a lot of cash! Hwa. Afterall, I did my cooking for tomorrow’s lunch box because I was totally sure that tomorrow morning I had no time to do so hahahaha.




#21 First LABO meeting & Independent Study

I was informed by sensei that today there would be a lab meeting, but I went to the building I saw no one and the room was still locked. I rushed to the lab building, there’s still locked and I also saw no one. And I didn’t have any internet connection to contact anyone. I brought my laptop to try the internet connection, same case it didn’t work. Then I realized in the library we had the internet connection, so I used the PC and logged in to Facebook to contact sensei and my tutor. And yeah, actualy the meeting was at 10 AM! And now there were in that building! Hmph. So I rushed back to the building. New Doctoral student was doing a presentation about his project.  And after that I introduced myself officialy within the labo members. 

After that we all went to the lab building. They still had to do the interior rearrangement, because the new lab is smaller than the older one, so they have a lot of stuffs to be fitted in the room. They also decided the table for each member of the lab. Quite a long time I spent the rest afternoon in the Lab. I did my Dhuhr Asr and Magrib in the small room over the emergency stairs, and that was my first time went back from campus that late. Hahahaha eventually I just did nothing in lab, I was just searching and browsing over internet about my topic but I didn’t get anything hahaha.




#23 Belongs to TAKOYAKI & ICE CREAM

I was excited for Thursday, since I had my architectural course I could left one of my class and that was the Media & Communication, sorry. I only had the Japanese class in the 1st period. I waited till the luchtime since I made my lunch yesterday night. So I was with Mayang & Diane at the library, they did their homework I saw as a complicated course. After we ate lunch at the cafeteria, I saw the blood donation event, I think I’d like to join it. As I asked them, they didn’t allow me to do the blood donation maybe because I was just a newcomer and how if I infected by some viruses from my homecountry hahahaha that was just my thought because I didn’t understand what they tried to explain to me about why. So I just went back to Suita and headed home.

I searched about another halal food lists, and I think I’d like to give a try to some foods such a Hagen Dasz Ice dream and Starbucks Coffee. And I also bought a takoyaki, and asked to the seller whter it contained alcohol/meat inside of it. Surprisingly, the seller explained a lot of things in Japanese, since I didn’t understand a lot and make sure if that was only contained octopus, and no alcohol so I decided to buy it. 

And the Hagen Dasz Green Tea flavor is sure the best thing I’ve ever had in Japan. Compared to Indonesia I think here was a bit cheaper. And I can enjoy it because it’s halal. I am sure I will buy another one later! (Please consider your diet plan, yas!)







#24 Another Suita – Mino – Suita

Had the coffe I bought yesterday to keep me awake facing the hardest part of the week, Friday wth the 3 classes I have in both Suita and Mino. But the class were getting interesting! In the 1st period with the Japanese class I sit next to a Denmark guy that in my opinion qualified enough to be considered resembles Bennedict Cumberbacth. HAHAHAHH. 

After that I took my brunch in the cafeteria, because they provided the halal food with a cheap. And hung out with some friends and the new friends there. Sudenly a French guy came to talk to me about Islam. Waw, I was amazed he seems to know a lot about Islam. He asked if in Osaka you could find mosque, is that hard to find halal food in Japan and he also told me that Islam was beautiful and he received the Quran verse from his moslem friends. Amazed! 

Afterall, my Mino class was also great. By another group, with another Japanese students we discuss a lot of interesting topics, as if they were expected to learn to speak English with the foreign students like me hahaha. The topic of each week also designed to be interesting for the whole students.

And at last, my last period of the day went great, because the topic is about the passive design for building. Still Architectural related. I was relieved.




#25 Dinner with the Host Family!

I made an appointment with my Host Family to meet this Saturday. But I also agreed to join the Angklung & Saman practice in the meantime. I headed to Tonoyaka International House at 2 PM and only got an hour to do only the Angklung practice and I had to rushed back to the dorm because my host family will picked me up at 4 PM.

So they drove to my dorm by car. And my first time visited their house. It was close to the Minamisenri station. They said they were going to cook Okonomiyaki for our dinner. I talked a lot with Okaasan & Otousan about many things.





I also met Yoshiyuki-san, their son. Yoshi-san was really charming lol. Before I was back home, I asked about my internet connection in my phone to the family member and asked whether they can help me. I have contacted the support center by English via email and they responded back that they only support the Japanese language. And they said they would like to go to the store where I bought this sim card and maybe help with the the Nihongo to speak to the customer support.




#26 STFU Sim Card problem & Walking around Senri Chuo

In the morning we went to Bic Camera in Mino, over hours there seems no way out of this sim card-internet connection problem. They said I should go the apple store. After that we went to Okaasan’s house to call the apple store in Osaka. Another hour spent but still no way out, omg I felt bad maybe it cost a lot for their phone billing. So I think there won’t be any solution. The provider claimed that the phone must be in a wrong setting and Apple claimed that there must be something wrong with the connection. Useless. Before I left their house, Okaasan made me Udon so the whole family gathered to eat lunch together.

As I left their house I wondered where to go. I really want to take some sightseeing time. So I decided to take the subway to Senri Chuo. I was looking for MUJI and UNIQLO. Since my pensil case’s gone I had to buy another one. And for UNIQLO, I really want to buy a jacket, since the autumn weather in here is considered cold for most Indonesian people. The people I met in here think the weather in this season is the best time for them. It was really comfortable, not too cold, not too hot. But for me, it’s cold especially when it hits the night time! But I just saw the price and hope that I still have money left till I had my scholarship being transferred. And I did save some money! I really minimize my travel time, since even the train tickets were really expensive (in Indonesian people opinion hahaha). So I was going to wait until the scholarship transferred coming! Be strong, Yas!

At night I was just trying to fix the problem in my phone. After tried a lot of ways, the connection went back on and I can used it. I told Okaasan about this by email, it was surprising and magic did that because I thought the way it could work is not reasonable hahaha.



#27 TYPHOON!

People was alerted to stay at home since the typhoon would attack Osaka today. So here I am the whole day in my room. I cooked sardines and tempura eggplant. And only spent hours in internet and doing my stuffs.

I took some recording to cover some songs with the tematik studio band/groups/I doubt what to define ourselves.  It would be uploaded in soundcloud, but I think I still have to redo the vocal since it’s still bad with my voice hahaha. Rude song was a bit hard and tricky, by the feel and the variation of notes. Another song was Mother We Shared by Chvrches. I thought today was really productive related to the hobby.

And another surprising thing I got today is that I got featured for my photos thru @InstagramJapan. Hahahaha I guess I did my step to go international pfft.

Kanan bawah itu lho.


And by the typhoon today I am still hoping that there won’t be any classes for tomorrow. Sigh. The typhoon was scary even I only heard the noisy wind by the trees beside by room.






I am really sorry for the bad organization of the posts that are not convenient to be read. Might try to do it daily! So there wont be any post you refuse to see if you dont want to. Back to homework!


No comments:

Post a Comment