Tuesday, September 23, 2014

#6 DAY! Shittenoji Temple & Mino.

As I read and got Maddy informed me the information about the group of people who would like to go to the temple so I decided to go with them today. I also asked Chloe and Kelly but they kind of had another plan today. So at 10 I went to the lounge and found Maddy there with a lot of people. I said to myself, waw we're going with those people? That's a lot of foreigner to draw attention to local people hahaha. But Maddy told me that there's two groups of people who will go to the temple or to Kyoto. I was tempted to go to Kyoto! But I remembered that today I had to meet Mutia at 1 PM, so maybe it's better to go to the temple then. I've calculated the trip at least will spent 3 hours so it's okay for me to leave earlier from the group.

So it was like 10 people walking together to the station. I was just follow everyone that headed to the Minami Senri Station. Hmm, a different route from the one that I took yesterday my Midosuji Line Subway. It's like one or two of them went to the temple before but today the temple held a festival or something because today was a holiday. Yep, today is a day off for everyone in Japan. It is the autumn equinox holiday, when the day and the night had a same long time as well.

So we went towards the Minami Senri station to took a train to the Umeda for 190 yen. It felt strange that I took the train like in Indonesia, I mean it's not that as informative and less comfortable than Osaka Monorail and the Subway. Maybe it's the cheaper one, so I experienced various kinds of train in Japan then. Before we got to Umeda we should transfer our train once. So after that, we arrived in Umeda then we walked to the Shin-Osaka Station to take some kind of JR Osaka lines. Ah I didn't remember the detail as we kind of having our tour guide friend. 

In Shin Osaka, as most of my friends had their own train card or something, I had to buy my own. So I have to pay for 2000 yen to get the Icoca card. Fadilah ever told me about this card because she has this card while she stayed in Osaka.  The card balance was 1500 yen. It was funny when the guide friend had to count our group in every stops we made so he must be sure that there's no one left behind.

We continue our trip by took another train to Tennoji station. I guess it's a long time compared the last time I took the subway. I hate the transfer system if I went by myself. And by transferring that must be a long time to walk and wait, in my opinion. So it was like about 2 hours on the way. By having a lot people in the group you got to know anyone's name. I couldn't recall with whom I introduced myself to. But there were a Finland girl, Austrian girl, English man, and......... I forgot hahahaha.

I must be sure that it's impossible for everyone only go to one place so I had to be brave to tell them that I can't join them after the temple because I should left at 1 PM from Tennoji.

So we got to the temple. Every road was busy with the people. Maybe every holiday there was a lot of people held the shopping event or so. Because in my way from the Tennoji station to the temple there were a lot of street vendors sells various cheap thing like a garage sale or something.

The temple was also crowded. I parted ways since entering the temple because the others also split up and would just meet again in the entrance an hour later. I rushed to take a look around the temple because it's only 45 minutes left in here. I was pleased to know the temple was a free entrance. Inside the temple held the flea market as well. So beside the people who'd like to pray in the temple they could also buy some snacks or stuffs.





Each time I visited temple, I had a weird feeling. Back then at Semarang, when I visited the Sam Poo Kong, my cousin told me "Isn't it strange to come to other place to worship only for taking photos since everyone's praying?" Yes. I awkwardly took a picture only from a far, only to get to know the architecture of the temple. Why I went to a temple when I never seen any mosque to go in here? I was the only hijab girl around the temple at that time. Do they know that I am a Moslem? But yeah, you will see a lot of temple anyway in Japan, won't you? And I tend to see the church of light if possible so I went there for the sake of its architecture.




I thought 30 minutes is enough to go around the temple. I can't stand for the smell of the incense, it really reminds me with Raminten or Perdi's room in Yogyakarta. It made me a bit dizzy, moreover today was too hot by the sun. I wonder why the sun only chose today to shine that bright and hot. I left the place then.


The praying activity. I am really sorry for taking a lot of pictures of people praying in here.
The flea market inside the temple. They mostly sell foods.

The details of the architecture part, hehehe


I headed to the Tennoji station by the path that had been passed before. The path reminds me of Malioboro because there were some street vendors in the right and the left side within the road. 


So there is the Malioboro part :P



At the station I immediately bought a subway ticket to Senri-Chuo. I paid with cash instead of using the card. It costs 440 yen. I don't have to transfer anywhere, all hail the Midosuji line because I think this subway line connecting the suburb area where I stay to the central of the city. The line also pass thru the Umeda, ShinOsaka and other well-known station.

So I arrived at almost 2 PM, we agreed to meet at 1.30 PM, so I think I was late. I went to the Mister Donut, where I and Mutia agreed to meet in Senrichuo. But no one used hijab except me so I think Mutia wasn't there. I worried that Mutia was somewhere finding me or else, I just hated the situation so much that there wasn't also a free wifi even inside the Mister Donut. 

It's almost 2.30, I calmed myself by buying the donut so I was queuing in the line to get the donut. Last time, Mutia said that Mister Donut has some halal donut so I saw the screen-captured picture the lists of the donut menu list. I only buy a Choco Ring donut so I could eat it outside while seeing anyone with hijab passed by. So after some bites, Mutia came. She was late because of the bus she took from her dorm. 

So Mutia went inside to buy some donuts too. After that we walked to the bus shelter. That was my first time took the bus in Osaka. Without Mutia, I never thought that I would go anywhere by bus. I could use my Icoca card to pay the bus. We talked a lot of things, my difficulties that I can't use any internet data on my phone. On the way we also met two Mutia's Monbusho friends who lives in the same dorm like her.

So we arrived at Mutia's dorm after took almost half an hour by riding the bus. Her dorm is in Minoh campus of Osaka University and also near to Salma's dorm back then so Salma could entrusts the goods to her. It was a lot of stuffs from her personal missed items to the cooking utensils I could use in the dorm. But I guess I can't bring them all once, so Mutia said it's okay to bring them for me when we meet at the BBQ party at Nara with the PPI Osaka Nara group.

I and Mutia talked a lot and share our experiences. After Magrib I left her dorm to go back by the monorail. I also use the Icoca card there. I brought a fully charged of bag and a cardboard for the cooking utensils. I was so tired brought them all from Yamada station to the dorm hahahaha.

Thank you Mutia for today. Thank you too Salma for lending me a lot of useful stuffs.
I was about to sleep earlier today!


xx.
Indah Tsiasti



No comments:

Post a Comment